THERE IS NO OTHER WORKPLACE LIKE THE Y
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change. Every day, our staff—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—work to bridge the gaps in community needs by nurturing the potential of children and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
The Y Invests in You
The Y is dedicated to helping you reach your professional goals because we want you to feel valued in your work and confident in your potential. Here, supervisors believe in you and help you to succeed. You’ll be encouraged to become a leader through:
- A comprehensive leadership development and certification system that promotes learning at all stages of your career
- Scholarships for continuing education and training
- Employee resource groups created for staff of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Coaching, mentoring and career pathing
Character is what counts at the Y, where our values—caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—shape our culture. The Y is a diverse community where your colleagues quickly become your friends.
Each Y offers a different compensation package that includes some or all of these benefits:
- Competitive salaries
- Health and dental insurance
- Disability and life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Subsidized childcare
- Complimentary YMCA membership
- Tuition reimbursement
- Reduced program fees
- Time-off benefits for vacation, illness and holidays
- YMCA Retirement Fund
Numerous evaluations* have indicated our staff members derive a strong sense of personal accomplishment from working at the Y, in addition to feeling personally motivated to achieve a balanced, healthy lifestyle. Our impact expands beyond our employees to our members, as the YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg has been rated in the top 5% of YMCAs in the country for member satisfaction (*SEER Analytics, LLP).