Bill Ulbricht elected YMCA Board Chair
The YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg is proud to announce the election of Bill Ulbricht as our 40th Volunteer Board Chair. As Chair of our Board of Directors, Ulbricht will help guide the strategic direction of our Y's advancement of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in our community. Bill is the SVP, Chief Administrative Officer of Baycare Medical Group and previously served as President of St. Anthony's Hospital and Chair of the St. Petersburg Chamber.
Ulbricht has spent the past 23 years with the BayCare Health System. He started as the chief operating officer/president for 10 years at South Florida Baptist Hospital in Plant City, FL, one of BayCare’s 14 hospitals. After South Florida Baptist Hospital, he was given the opportunity to revitalize St. Anthony’s Hospital in St. Petersburg as its President. During his tenure the hospital increased market share from 19% to a market leading 41% of patients served. St. Anthony’s also became the community leader in patient satisfaction and quality of care measurements as reported by several outside resources. He was promoted to Senior Vice President-Chief Administrative Officer for Baycare Medical Group in June 2016. He has almost 30 years of operational and management experience and has a strong background in health care finance, strategic planning, and organization development. His enthusiasm and commitment to the Baycare Mission of improving the health of all we serve has helped to shape his career and allowed the organizations he has led to become well-respected and known for high quality care.
He volunteered his time in leadership positions for various St. Petersburg organizations:
- St. Petersburg Chamber – Chair – 2015
- St. Petersburg Economic Development Corporation – Founding Board Member – 2016-present
- Leadership - St. Petersburg – Class of 2008
- St. Petersburg YMCA – Chair Elect 2016
- American Stage Theatre – Board Member 2009-2014
Other organizations/honors involved:
- Bishop’s Catholic Healthcare Conference – State Chair – 2009-2015
- Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice Recipient – Papal Honor – 2016
- American Heart Association - Chair Tampa Bay Heart Walk - 2009
- Plant City Chamber of Commerce – Chair – 2003
- Plant City Lions Club – President 2006
- Plant City Planning Board - 1998-2007
- American Cancer Association
- United Way
He received his bachelor’s degree in business administration - finance from the University of Kentucky and his master’s degree in business administration from Regis University in Denver. He is married to his wife, Ann and has two girls – Emilie and Lindsey.