Keeping your YMCA Clean, Safe, and Enjoyable
As part of our Y family, your safety and well-being is our top priority. And as a family, we all play an important role when it comes to maintaining a healthy environment and preventing the spread of germs. Below are some helpful tips provided by the CDC and information on what we’re doing to continue to keep the YMCA a safe place for all.
How You Can Help
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends these actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases such as the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Wash Your Hands
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Cover Your Cough
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clean and Disinfect Regularly
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Don’t Touch Your Face
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Avoiding Contact with Sick People
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you feel symptomatic, stay home when you are sick (if possible).
What We’re Doing at the Y
As part of our commitment to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all in our care, the YMCA is taking the following precautions:
- We are closely monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation for additional updates and guidance from local, state, national, and international health agencies.
- We will keep you updated on information and advisories from health agencies.
- We are staying prepared should we need to quickly evolve our preventative measures, existing plans and procedures to be in line with additional updates and recommendations from health agencies.
Commitment to Cleanliness
- We continue to adhere to rigorous sanitation practices that follow public health and regulatory guidelines to prevent the spread of germs.
- We have provided hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting wipes for members to wipe down equipment, objects, and surfaces before and after use.
- We are working with our contracted cleaning service providers to ensure they remain up to date on the latest recommendations and guidance from health agencies.
- We are continuing to educate staff on the prevention and spread of all germs.
- We have provided informational flyers with guidance from the CDC to post and included links above to help keep all of our Y family informed.