Pool Reopening Notice
Updated May 7, 2020
Thank you for staying with us during these uncertain times. We have been working hard to prepare for your return and we’re excited to announce the first phase of our reopening, thanks to recent announcements made by the Pinellas County Commission.
Beginning Friday, May 1 at 7:00AM, the pool at Jim & Heather Gills YMCA will reopen on a registration-only basis.
- In order to attend, each person must reserve a one-hour time slot by making an online reservation here.
- Reservations will be for a one-hour time slot, which includes 50 minutes for swimming and 10 minutes for passing time.
- Entry to the pool will be on the west side of the building, not the front door.
- The pool is open for lap swimming only.
- The pool will be restricted to one person per lane in order to adhere to social distancing precautions set in place by the CDC.
- Registration will be open on a weekly basis, up to 7 days in advance. So that all members have the opportunity to reserve time to swim, we ask you to be respectful to others and only sign up for only one hour per day, and up to four times per week, during each week Monday through Sunday.
- Members will need to arrive at the Y prepared to swim. Locker rooms will not be available for use at this time.
- As usual, you will need to bring your own towels.
- Entry is restricted to active YMCA Members only.
At this time, our fitness centers at both Bardmoor YMCA and Jim & Heather Gills YMCA will remain closed. In the meantime, we will continue to provide virtual fitness programs and updates on our website (stpeteymca.org). We'll also continue to send updates through email. It is our hope that with direction from Governor DeSantis, the CDC and local officials, we will be able to partially open our fitness centers soon.
For additional information and FAQs on COVID-19, visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html.
We understand the important role that the YMCA plays in your family’s overall well-being. As a nonprofit, charitable organization, we appreciate your loyalty to the Y and thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.
We can’t wait to see you, and we hope you have been well. We look forward to your continued support.