With so many demands on today's families and the increased focus on early development, families need all the support they can get to nurture the potential of our youth. That's why YMCA Preschool Academies focus on holistically nurturing child development by providing a safe and healthy place to learn foundational skills.
Our mission includes helping young children develop healthy relationships, and building self-reliance through the Y’s values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. YMCA Preschool Academies offer state-licensed, full day childcare.
Call or visit a YMCA Preschool Academy for a tour and to register.
At YMCA Preschool Academies, every day is a new opportunity to learn and discover. Our comprehensive, evidence-based curriculum covers ten areas of development and learning focused on enriching your child's social, emotional, cognitive and physical development.
- Social Emotional: Teaches your child to manage emotions, establish positive relationships and participate cooperatively in group settings
- Physical: Teaches your child traveling and balancing skills, while developing gross motor skills and refining fine motor strength and coordination
- Language: Teaches your child to listen to and understand increasingly complex language, expressing his/her thoughts and needs
- Cognitive: Teaches your child problem-solving and learning skills, emphasizing the ability to remember and connect experiences while classifying information effectively
- Literacy: Teaches your child to demonstrate phonological awareness and knowledge of the alphabet, while comprehending and responding to books and other texts
- Mathematics: Teaches your child to use number concepts and operations while exploring spatial relationship and shapes
- Science & Technology: Teaches your child to use scientific inquiry, demonstrating knowledge of the characteristics of living things, objects, materials and Earth's environment
- Social Studies: Teaches your child to demonstrate knowledge about self and other people while demonstrating simple geographic knowledge
- The Arts: Teaches your child to explore visual arts, musical concepts, dance and drama
- Language Acquisition: Teaches progress in listening to and understanding English while demonstrating knowledge in speaking the language
All of this allows us to provide asset-rich programs that meet or exceed state standards and help young children build developmental assets - the building blocks that shape children into caring, responsible and successful members of society.