Youth T-Ball at the Y is an opportunity to learn the basics of baseball in an introductory sport. Participants will practice catching, throwing and hitting the ball off a tee in a fun team environment. The focus of our Youth T-Ball leagues is to have fun, meet new friends and play in a non-competitive environment.
Creating a Safe Environment
- Providing special COVID-19 training for coaches and staff on health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Focusing on individual skills during practice time
- Limiting team sizes to reduce the number of players on the field at the same time
- Discouraging unnecessary physical contact, including handshakes, fist bumps, hugs, etc.
- Discouraging sharing of items such as pinnies/practice jerseys, water, snacks, etc.
- Providing socially-distanced seating areas for players during practices and games
- Monitoring players for symptoms of illness; If a player becomes ill, they may not participate and a director will determine when they can return
- The game ball will be sanitized before each game
- Spectators should maintain at least a 6 feet distance from others
- For outdoor events, spectators should bring their own chair (bleachers will be off-limits)
- Masks are required inside our facilities; For outdoor events, spectators should wear a mask outdoors when unable to maintain at least a 6 feet distance from others
- We ask that spectators do not congregate in groups of 5 or more
- We ask that only members of the same household as the player attend as spectators
- Parents are encouraged to send a ball to practice with their child for their own use
If online registration is unavailable, please call your home branch for additional availability.