Safety Around Water Program
As a leader in drowning prevention, the YMCAs of Tampa Bay have teamed up with the Florida Blue Foundation to save lives! Through the Safety Around Water program, Tampa Bay area children can receive free water safety and swim lessons at their local Y.
The Y helps children, families and adults learn essential water safety skills - which can be lifesaving. This summer, make the Y your home base for water safety. It’s never too late to save a life.
Safety Around Water Week
Free swim lessons will be available at the Jim & Heather Gills YMCA March 16 - 19, 2020. Over the course of four days, non-swimmers ages 3 - 12 will meet daily to learn:
- Exercises to help kids adjust to being in water
- Instruction in “Jump, Push, Turn, Grab” and “Swim, Float, Swim” - two skill sets for children to use if they unexpectedly find themselves in the water
- What to do if you see someone in the water who needs help
- Fun activities that reinforce skills
Give your child:
- The opportunity to build confidence around water
- The accomplishment of learning new skills
- The benefits of healthy exercise
- The lifetime gift of staying safe around water