At the Y, our Youth Soccer leagues and clinics are designed to develop fundamental soccer skills while also learning teamwork, strategy and sportsmanship. Soccer skills taught include kicking, passing, dribbling, shooting and the rules of the game. The focus of our Youth Soccer league is to have fun, meet new friends and play soccer in an environment steeped in our core values.
Creating a Safe Environment
- Providing special COVID-19 training for coaches and staff on health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Focusing on individual skills during practice time
- Limiting team sizes to reduce the number of players on the field at the same time
- Discouraging unnecessary physical contact, including handshakes, fist bumps, hugs, etc.
- Discouraging sharing of items such as pinnies/practice jerseys, water, snacks, etc.
- Providing socially-distanced seating areas for players during practices and games
- Monitoring players for symptoms of illness; If a player becomes ill, they may not participate and a director will determine when they can return
- The game ball will be sanitized before each game
- Spectators should bring their own chair (bleachers will be off-limits) and maintain at least a 6 feet distance from others
- Spectators should wear a mask outdoors; Masks are required inside our facilities
- We ask that spectators do not congregate in groups of 5 or more
- We ask that only members of the same household as the player attend as spectators
- Parents are encouraged to send a ball to practice with their child for their own use
If online registration has closed, please contact your home branch for availability.