Youth Flag Football
Youth Flag Football at the Y is a great way to help kids learn teamwork skills and get in the habit of staying healthy through physical activity. Our young flag football players work with volunteer coaches who are committed to teaching the skills of the game.
We ensure that every player has fun and gains self-confidence throughout the season. Youth Flag Football players learn the rules of the game, along with the fundamental skills of throwing, kicking, catching and running. Kids will participate in practice and games, learning how to run plays, work as a team and follow rules.
Creating a Safe Environment
- Providing special COVID-19 training for coaches and staff on health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Focusing on individual skills during practice time
- Limiting team sizes to reduce the number of players on the field at the same time
- Discouraging unnecessary physical contact, including handshakes, fist bumps, hugs, etc.
- Discouraging sharing of items such as pinnies/practice jerseys, water, snacks, etc.
- Providing socially-distanced seating areas for players during practices and games
- Monitoring players for symptoms of illness; If a player becomes ill, they may not participate and a director will determine when they can return
- The game ball will be sanitized before each game
- Spectators should maintain at least a 6 feet distance from others
- For outdoor events, spectators should bring their own chair (bleachers will be off-limits)
- Masks are required inside our facilities; For outdoor events, spectators should wear a mask outdoors when unable to maintain at least a 6 feet distance from others
- We ask that spectators do not congregate in groups of 5 or more
- We ask that only members of the same household as the player attend as spectators
- Parents are encouraged to send a ball to practice with their child for their own use
If online registration is unavailable, please call your home branch for additional availability.