YMCA Weight Loss Program
NEW! The YMCA Weight Loss Program is designed for people 18 years or older who want to achieve a healthier weight by making small changes to daily behaviors and forming sustainable, healthier habits. Alongside a dedicated Y professional you will design an action plan that will bring long-term, positive change in your life.
Three key characteristics that define the YMCA Weight Loss Program:
- It’s non-prescriptive. Be empowered and encouraged to design your own plan that will support your goals within the context of your life.
- Harness the POWER of the group. Your peers will strengthen you through discussion, learning, sharing and problem-solving.
- It seeks to change the definition and perception of weight loss. Prescriptive messaging is everywhere creating the perception that weight loss can only be achieved by something “out there.” We challenge that perception and help participants understand that they hold the answers within themselves.
What to Expect
- A group of 8 - 16 people in a classroom setting
- Meeting 1 hour per week for 12 consecutive weeks
- Weighing-in, tracking food consumption and physical activity
- Creating SMART goals
- Weekly discussion on topics such as:
- creating an inspired environment
- balanced eating
- physical activity
- positive psychology
- goal setting & sustainability
How To Enroll
To enroll, call the Enrollment Line at 727.235.6472 or visit Bardmoor YMCA and inquire at Member Services.
Bardmoor YMCA: Begins Monday, June 3 at 6:30PM
Jim & Heather Gills YMCA: Begins Wednesday, June 5 at 1:30PM